Spicy lentil mixture stuffed fried flatbread popular on streets of Delhi.
The preparation is quite similar to that of kachori, however outer cover is soft as pori. Originally from Rajasthan, bedmi puri is served along with aloo ki sabji on streets of Delhi. They are also known as urad dal kachoris.
Image Credits: Eat and Dust
- 1 1/2 cups Wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup skinned black gram / urad dal, soaked in water
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup Semolina / Suji / Rava
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida / Hing
- Salt To taste
- Oil For Frying
- 3 -4 green chillies, paste
- 1/2 teaspoon amchur powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed powder
- 1 ginger, inch long crushed into paste
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed powder / jeera powder
- Knead wheat flour, rice flour and semolina with little water and little oil into firm yet soft dough.
- Grind dal into coarse paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil. Roast dal paste for 5 minutes.
- Add asafoetida, ginger paste, chilli paste, Coriander, Garam masala, Red Chili Powder, cumin powder, amchur powder, fennel powder. Mix well and heat till mixture is dry and crumbled. Add chopped cilantro and keep aside.
- Take lemon sized dough ball and roll into puri shape. Add tbsp. of urad dal mixture in center of puri and pull the edges to make stuffed ball.
- Roll again into flat bread.
- Heat oil and deep fry puri till golden yellow on all sides.
- Serve bedmi puri hot along with aloo sabzi.