Chambakka Achar or Rose apple is a seasonal fruit available in Kerala. Pickling of Chambakka commonly used technique to store it for longer period.
- 1 kilogram Chambakka edged and chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 dry red chillies
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 4 green chillies
- 20 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hing / asafoetida
- Heat oil. Stir fry chambakka pieces till soft. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustar seeds, red chillies, garlic cloves, curry leaves.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, hing and salt. Mix well.
- Add Chambakka pieces and mix well.
- Store Chambakka achar in airtight container.