Green garlic are called Maroi nakuppi in Manipuri language. Based on their availability, they are enjoyed as snack by making fritters or bora.
- 250 grams maroi nakuppi / green garlic or chinese chives, chopped in inch long pieces
- 1 cup besan / gram flour
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, roasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder / flakes
- Oil for frying
- Mix all ingredients with little water
- Deep fry small portions of batter till golden brown.
- Drain and serve maroi nakuppi bora hot with chutney.