Stir fried boiled water chestnut cooked along with spices
- 1 kilogram Water Nut / Singhada
- 2 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Coriander leaves - For garnishing
- 1 piece cinnamon / dalchini
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Boil singhada / waster chest nut in half liter water. Once cool, peel and keep aside.
- Blend tomato, green chillies, coriander leaves into puree. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Fry cinamon and bay leaves. Add onion and fry till light brown.
- Roast tomato puree and ginger garlic paste.
- Add spice powder and salt. Mix well. Cook till all water is dried.
- Add shingare and mix well. Add water, cover and cook till shingare are cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve shingare ki sabji hot with roti.