Mathanga payasam is a creamy and delicious dessert made with pumpkin.
- Category: Dessert Recipes, Malayali Recipes
- 1 cup Pumpkin, chopped into cubes
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 3 teaspoons Ghee
- 10 Raisins and Cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup Water
- Heat ghee and fry cashew nuts and raisins. Keep aside.
- Pressure cook pumpkin & then grind into a smooth paste.
- Heat ghee and roast pumpkin puree for 3-4 mins.
- Boil milk and add pumpkin puree. Mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder and sugar. Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add cashew nuts and rsains to the payasam. Mix well.
- Serve Mathanga payasam warm or cold.