Fritters made from bengal gram and coconut
- 1 cup Channa dal, soaked for 5 hrs
- 1/3 cup fresh coconut pieces
- 1 piece ginger, inch long
- 3 dry red chillies
- 1/3 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt as per taste
- Grind chana dal along with coconut pieces, dry red chillies and little water into coarse paste. Add the grated ginger, cumin powder and salt to form thick batter.
- Add the grated ginger, cumin powder and salt to taste.
- Heat oil. Place flat circular batter inside hot oil. Deep fry till reddish brown on all sides.