Rice wine prepared among the Dimsas from Assam
- Rice (mix of sticky and non sticky varieties)
- Bark of Thembra / climbing wattle, sun dried, chopped and ground into powder
- Stale cakes
- Mix thembra powder with rice flour (ratio of 1:15) and knead into dough along with water.
- Cook sticky variety rice in pot with little water till cooked and little brown.
- Cover the dough with powdered stale cake. Sun dry for 4-5 days to make starter cake humao.
- Mix with powdered starter cake and water. Place in pot and cover.
- place it undisturbed. Oozed liquid is collected.