Dahi Bhalla chaat is a delicious street food in which deep-fried urad dal dumplings are immersed in yogurt and delicious chutneys. This is a very popular snack in the northern parts of India.
- Category: North Indian, Snacks Recipes
- 3/4 cup Split black gram, washed and soaked overnight
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tablespoons Gram flour (besan)
- 2 Green chillies, chopped
- 1 inch piece Ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Roasted cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Rock salt
- 15 Raisins
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons Fresh coriander leaves
- 4 cups Yogurt
- Green chutney as required
- Tamarind chutney as required
- Grind dal to a smooth paste.
- Add salt, raisins, ginger, green chillies and gram flour to the batter. Whisk.
- Heat oil. Deep fry small portions of the batter until light golden. Drain the fried batter and soak them in water. Keep aside for two minutes. Squeeze between your palms to drain out water.
- To serve place soaked urad dal dumpling and cover with yogurt. Adjust taste with sugar, salt, mint chutney, tamarind chutney.
- Sprinkle roasted cumin powder and garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve Dahi Bhalla immediately.