Ivy gourd stir fried with coconut and spices
- 300 grams Ivy gourd/Kovakka, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 2 Dry Chilly
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 cup Grated coconut
- 2 Shallots, sliced
- 2 Shallots whole
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 Green chilly
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add dry chilly, curry leaves, sliced shallots, green chilly and cook until soft.
- Add ivy gourd and stir fry for few minutes.
- Coarsely crush grated coconut with turmeric, cumin seeds, garlic and shallots.
- Add this mixture to ivy gourd, mix well and cook covered until ivy gourd is tender.
- Serve Kovakka thoran with rice.