Winter sees the harvest of oil seeds like sesame and groundnut. The residue of the oil removal process is mixed with jaggery to make Kachariyu. Kacharvu in Gujarati means crushed. It is a simple recipe that can put together in no time. Today, Kachariyu is a traditional Gujarati wintersweet prepared with sesame seeds, jaggery, dates, almonds, and ginger powder.
- Category: Dessert Recipes, Gujarati Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 1 cup black sesame seeds
- 1 cup grated jaggery
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 5 almonds
- 1 tablespoon dry ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon ganthoda powder
- Poppy seeds & almond slices for garnishing
- Roast sesame seeds on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes and keep aside.
- Grind all the ingredients in a mixer jar.
- Transfer the ground mixture to a mixing bowl and knead until oil comes out.
- Garnish Kachariyu with poppy seeds and almond slices, and serve.