Ruvangan wagun / Tamatar – vangun is a delectable combination of eggplant and tomatoes infused with spices. It goes well with rice or pulao.
- Category: Kashmiri Recipes
- 1 pound small egg plants, sliced in quarters
- 1 pound tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel powder
- salt to taste
- 1 cup Oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon Mustard oil
- green chillies, few
- Shallow fry eggplants till slightly golden. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Add tomatoes and asafoetida. Stir. Cook till tomatoes are cooked.
- Add salt, chilli powder and fennel powder. Mix. Cook covered for 2 minutes.
- Add water. Bring to boil. Slip fried eggplant. Cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Serve Tamatar Vaangun hot with rice and dal.