Chooch/छूछ is a plant that grows in water. Chooch ki saag is a dish prepared with chooch leaves, potato, onion and spices.
- 1 kilogram Chooch, washed and chopped
- 3 -4 Potato, chopped
- 1 -2 Onion, chopped
- 3 -4 Garlic, chopped
- 1 Piece Ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Methi Dana
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 teaspoons Oil for Tadka
- 1 -2 Chilli
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin, methi dhana and chilles.
- Add ginger, garlic and onion. Saute till light brown.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and cumin. Saute for some time.
- Add potatoes and salt. Mix well.
- After one or two minutes, add chooch.
- Stir well, cover the pan and cook till all the water is absorbed.
- Serve Chooch ki saag hot with rice.