This is a spicy coconut curry using Chinese potato or kooka made in Konkan region.
- 1 cup Kooka / chinese potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup coconut grated
- 1 piece tamarind pulp, small ball
- 4 dry red chillies, roasted
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 garlic cloves
- Serve Kooka Koddel with steamed rice.
- Grind dry red chillies, coconut and tamarind to paste. Keep aside.
- Boil chopped kooka in a cup of water. Bring to boil. Cover and cook till done.
- Add coconut paste and mix well.
- Adjust taste with salt and consistency with water.
- Simmer for 5 minutes till done.
- Temper with hot oil and fried brown garlic cloves.