Extremely simple and nutritious moong dal khichdi made with seasonal green garlic herb.
- 250 grams green garlic, washed, cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup ghee
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup split green moong dal
- 1 1/4 cups Basmati rice
- Salt to taste
- Heat ghee in pressure cook.
- Splutter cumin seeds. Add and saute cinnamon, bay leaves and black pepper.
- Add green garlic and mix well.
- Add washed dal and rice. Mix.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Serve hare lassan ki khichdi with ghee, kadhi, achar and papad.