Indari appam is a traditional Kerala dish prepared during Maundy Thursday (Holy Thrusday) amongst the Jacobites and Catholics Keralites. It is also known as Pesaha Appam. Traditionally it is made using banana leaf.
- 4 cups Roasted rice flour
- 1 cup Urad dal, soaked for 2 hours
- 4 cups Grated coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Grind urad dal with coconut, garlic, cumin seeds, salt and very little water to a smooth paste.
- Mix this ground paste with rice flour and make a smooth dough.
- Make small balls out of the dough and flatten on a piece of banana leaf with your finger tip.
- Fold the leaf and steam for half an hour.
- Serve Indari appam with Pesaha pal