Crispy fritters made from rice flour
- 1 cup rice raw, wash, air dried and powdered
- 1/2 cup urad dal/split black lentils, roasted and powdered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 pinch turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix rice and urad dal powder along with cumin seeds, turmeric and salt.
- Knead into dough along with 2 tbsp. oil and water.
- Make tiny balls of the dough. Flatten it on plastic sheet.
- Deep fry the flat discs on medium heat till golden on all sides. Drain excess oil.
- Store in airtight container and enjoy tandlo vado as snack.