Rajgira kheer is a very tasty sweet pudding that can be prepared during fasting days. Rich in calcium and many other nutrients, this kheer is an ideal food for babies, toddlers and kids.
- 1 cup popped amaranth grains
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 almonds
- 6 cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ghee/clarified butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Ghee roast cashew and almonds. Keep aside.Boil milk on low medium flame and then add the popped amaranth grains to it.
- Mix well and cook the mixture on low flame for 5 minutes the until it becomes slightly thick. Stir occasionally to prevent the kheer from sticking to the bottom.
- Add powdered cardamom and sugar and mix well. Cook the kheer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the roasted nuts to the kheer. Serve rajgira kheer hot.