Pavta usal is stir fried preparation made from lima beans / broad beans popular in Malvan region in Maharashtra.
- Category: Konkani Recipes, Maharashtrian Recipes, Stir Fry Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups Sprouted broad beans, remove covers
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Malvani masala (spice mix)
- 1/4 cup coconut
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds.
- Add and fry onion till they change colour.
- Add tomato and cook till soft.
- Add pavta beans. Mix and stir fry.
- Add spice mix. Mix well.
- Sprinkle little water. Cover and cook till beans are cooked.
- Adjust taste with salt and little sugar. Garnish with coriander leaves and coconut.
- Serve pavta usal with chapati.