Taushe hulel is a Konkani side dish which is usually a part of meal offered to god during festivals. In this recipe, raw cucumber pieces are combined with a spicy coconut paste.
‘Taushe’ in Konkani means Cucumber. This is recipes from konkon coast of India and very similar to cucumber raita, but it has flavours of Konkan coast.
- 2 cups Cucumber pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh/frozen Coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 3 Green chilies, or more as per taste
- A small piece Tamarind
- 1 tablespoon yogurt / dahi
- Heat a little oil and add mustard seeds. When they start popping, add asafetida.
- Grind them with coconut, green chilies, tamarind, fried mustard and yogurt to paste using very little water.
- Add cucumber pieces, mix well.
- Serve Taushe hulel as a side dish with rice.