Pulao is a very common rice preparation. This recipe of makhana pulao combines flavours of spices along with creamy texture of makhana.
- Category: North Indian, Rice Recipes
- 1 cup Rice, soaked in water for half hour
- 3 teaspoons ghee
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 5 cloves
- 2 Cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup Fox nut / makhana, roasted and crisp
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Gram masala
- 2 onions, medium sized, finely chopped
- Dry fruits - for garnishing
- In pressure cooker, add ghee. Roast green cardamom, cloves, bay leaves and cinnamon stick. Saute for 1 minute
- In a pan, heat ghee and roast some cumin seeds.
- Add soaked rice, 1.5 cup water and pressure cook for one whistle.
- Add onion and saute till colour changes.
- Now add makhana and fry for a minute.
- Add curd and stir till mixture dries up.
- Add spice powders and mix cooked rice.
- Mix well, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with dry fruits and serve Makhana pulao along with raita.