Mada Hagalakayi Palya
People in Karanataka call Spiny gourd or teasel gourd as Mada Hagalakayi. In monsoon, it is enjoyed as Mada Hagalakayi Palya or simply fritters made from spiny gourd.
- 1/2 kilogram Spiny gourd /Mada Hagalakayi
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger garli paste
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 tablespoons besan / bengal gram flour
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera
- turmeric powder
- Chop in 1/4 inch thick rings.
- Mix red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, rice flour, besan flour, jeera powder and salt.
- Adding little water at a time, make smooth paste for coating.
- Dip Mada Hagalkayi rings in mixture to coat paste on all sides.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry rings to that they are crisp on both sides.
- Serve Mada Hagalakayi Palya as snack.