Raw plantain fritters
- Category: Malayali Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 2 Raw banana, peeled, cut into thin slices and soaked in salt water
- 1 1/4 cups Chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons Rice flour
- 2 teaspoons Chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1 pinch Asafoetida / hing
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Combine chickpea flour, rice flour, chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, asafoetida, and salt with small amounts of water to form a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan. Dip banana slices in batter and deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve Kaya bajji hot.