Mattarachi Dinde are savoury steamed rice flour envelopes with a tasty filling of green peas, coriander leaves and coconut. It can be enjoyed with a chutney of your liking.
- Category: Breakfast Recipes, Maharashtrian Recipes, Rice Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 tablespoon ginger + green chilli + coriander leaves paste
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh coconut
- 1 tablespoon lemon Juice
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup rice flour
- Sauté ginger + green chilli + coriander leaves paste in 1 tbsp oil and then add green peas. Mix well.
- Mash green peas coarsely and add shredded coconut, lemon juice, coriander leaves, salt and sugar.
- Mix well and cover cook for 5-8 minutes on low heat. Once cooked, allow to cool. Keep aside.
- Boil milk, water, salt and little ghee.
- Gradually add rice flour, stirring continuously. Cover and cook on low heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Knead the rice flour into a soft dough.
- Use the dough to roll small disc shapes, add a spoonful of green peas filling and fold all sides to form a rectangular envelope.
- Steam cook the envelopes for 15 minutes.
- Serve Mattarachi Dinde hot with a chutney of your choice.