Curry made from sundried stem of colocasia.
- Stems of colocasia
- Black gram
- Turmeric powder
- Chilli powder
- Green chillies
- Coriander seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Prepared from healthy stems of colocasia.
- Soak black gram overnight. Remove covering of pulse and ground to paste.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, asafetida.
- Take fresh stems of colocasia and apply the paste. Allow them to half sun dry.
- Cut the stems along with paste into small pieces – known as khandole.
- Sun dry the khandole completely and store in air tight container for future use.
- To cook khandole, heat oil. Splutter coriander seeds, cumin seeds and green chillies.
- Stir fry khandole. Add water. Adjust taste with salt and red chilli powder.
- Serve khandole with hot chapatti.