Kang-Ngou is typical stir fried vegetable dish in Manipur. Karot akhabi kang-ngou is simple stir fried bittermelon in Manipur. Manipur Cuisine is incomplete without fermented fish – Ngari. This recipe is without fish.
- 2 pototoes, peeled and sliced
- 5 bittermelon / karo akhabi, scraped and sliced and soaked in salted water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Machal / Coriander powder mix
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Soak bittermelon in salted water.
- Heat oil. Fry onion and garlic. Add coriander powder and mix.
- Add potatoes and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add bittermelon. Mix well. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Mix well.
- Adjust taste with salt.Continue cooking till vegetables are cooked.
- Serve Karot akhabi kang-ngou with rice.