Rice with tangy flavor of lemon and spices
- Category: Andhra Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Rice Recipes
- 3 cups Cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 Dried red chili, broken
- 1/2 teaspoon Split urad dal
- 2 tablespoons Peanuts
- 2 tablespoons Cashews, broken
- 2 Green chilies , split
- 8 Curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 pinch Asafoetida / Hing
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil. Crackle mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dried red chilli, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Roast urad dal, peanuts and cashews till light brown.
- Add remaining spices and cooked rice. Mix well. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice. Mix well. Serve hot Chitrannam.