Crispy Gluten free split black urad dal fritter from Kumaon region of Uttarakhand
- 1 cup split black urad dal, soaked in water for 6 hours
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida / hing
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 green chili fine, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- Mustard oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste
- Wash off any black peels of dal. Drain excess water. Grind to smooth paste. Whisk till batter is fluffy.
- Add hing, chopped coriander, green chili, spices and salt. Stir.
- Heat mustard oil in a wide deep frying pan over medium heat. Dunk vada shaped batter in oil. Fry on all sides till golden brown. Drain excess water.
- Serve Kumaoni Bada with pudina chutney