Side dish prepared from bitter gourd and yogurt
- 3 Bittergourd/pavakka, medium size, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 1 cup Plain yogurt/curd or as needed
- 1/4 cup small onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Grated coconut
- 2 Red Chillies
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- 2 Green chilli, slit
- Curry leaves - a sprig
- Grind coconut, mustard seeds with little curd to smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Serve Pavakka Kichadi hot along with rice.
- Stir fry bittergourd in oil along with onions, green chillies and ground paste till cooked.
- Once cooked, add curd and mix well.
- Add tempering made from oil fried mustard seeds, red chillies and curry leaves over top.