Spice blend popular in the region of Maharashtra
- Yield: 200 grams
- Category: Maharashtrian Recipes
- 1/2 cup Desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup Coriander seeds
- 6 tablespoons Sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon Cloves
- 4 Cinnamon stick, half inch each
- 2 Bay leaves (tej patta)
- 1 tablespoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Asafoetida (Hing)
- 12 Dried red chilies
- Roast whole ingredients on medium heat in a pan.
- Grind all ingredients into fine powder and store.