Yogurt curry made with raw turmeric and ginger
- 1 1/2 cups curd
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fresh coconut, grated
- 1 piece ginger, half inch long
- 1 piece Mango ginger / white turmeric, half inch long
- 1 piece raw turmeric, half inch long
- 2 green chillies, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida / hing
- Few curry leaves
- 2 dry red chilles
- Grind ginger, white turmeric, raw turmeric, cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chillies and grated coconut to smooth paste with some water.
- Beat curd and add this mixture. Whisk well.
- Adjust consistency with water and taste with salt.
- Temper this curry with hot oil and fried mustard seeds, hing, curry leaves and broken dry red chillies.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves.
- Serve Manjal Inji Moru Kuzhambu as side dish.