Pickling is common method of storing and consuming seasonal fruit and vegetables. Raw turmeric are popularly harvested post monsoon. This is pickle made from seasonal turmeric root / gili haldi or kachi haldi and ginger.
- 1 cup Adrak, chopped
- 2 cups Raw Yellow turmeric, chopped
- 1 cup Fresh White turmeric / Amba haldi, chopped
- 1 cup Garlic, chopped
- 6 -7 Mirchi/ green chillies, chopped
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds powder/methidana powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat oil. splutter cloves, pepper and mustard seeds.
- Add garlic and saute till colour changes
- Add green chillies, saute for few minutes.
- Add chopped turmeric (white and yellow) and saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt, fenugreek seed powder
- Add chopped ginger. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder. Mix well.
- Cook till oil seperates. Add little lemon juice and mix.
- Store haldi adrak ka achar in air tight container and refrigerate.