Haldi adrak ka achaar
Pickling is common method of storing and consuming seasonal fruit and vegetables. Raw turmeric are popularly harvested post monsoon. This is pickle made from seasonal turmeric root / gili haldi or kachi haldi and ginger.
- Category: Pickle Recipes, Rajasthani Recipes
- 1 cup Adrak, chopped
- 2 cups Raw Yellow turmeric, chopped
- 1 cup Fresh White turmeric / Amba haldi, chopped
- 1 cup Garlic, chopped
- 6 -7 Mirchi/ green chillies, chopped
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds powder/methidana powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat oil. splutter cloves, pepper and mustard seeds.
- Add garlic and saute till colour changes
- Add green chillies, saute for few minutes.
- Add chopped turmeric (white and yellow) and saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt, fenugreek seed powder
- Add chopped ginger. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder. Mix well.
- Cook till oil seperates. Add little lemon juice and mix.
- Store haldi adrak ka achar in air tight container and refrigerate.
Very Easy and Hindi clear