Missi roti is a tasty, soft flatbread prepared with gram flour, whole wheat flour, sorghum flour and spices. It tastes amazing when eaten with a dollop of butter/ghee.
- 1 cup Besan (gram flour)
- 1/2 cup Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Jawar ka atta (sorghum flour)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Green chillies
- Coriander leaves, few
- pinch garam masala
- pinch Turmeric powder
- Grind chillies and some coriander together.
- Knead besan, jawar, wheat flour, onion, chilli and coriander paste, turmeric, salt and a pinch of garam masala into a soft dough with some lukewarm water. Cover and rest dough for 15 min.
- Make small balls out of the dough, flatten with finger tips into thin circles.
- Bake over hot tawa on both sides. Grease with oil if required.
- Serve Missi roti with butter and pickle.