Naralibhaat is a traditional Maharashtrian delicacy cooked as an offering to God on Narali Pournima. It is also prepared to celebrate Raksha Bandhan.
- Category: Maharashtrian Recipes, Recipes for Kids, Rice Recipes
- 2 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 3 cups grated jaggery
- 2 1/2 cups grated fresh coconut
- 2 teaspoons cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 5 -6 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- Cashews nuts, almond for garnishing.
- Fry cashews, cloves and cinnamon separately in 1 tbsp ghee.
- Add washed and drained rice, sauté well and cook in adequate water.
- Once cooked, spread the rice on a plate and let it cool.
- Mix jaggery and grated coconut and serve Naarali bhaat.