Manjal Milagu inji Kashayam is herbal drink made from raw turmeric, ginger and pepper. It is similar to Kadha – popular in North India. Manjal Milagu Inji Kashayam is often used as a remedy for cold, cough and similar symptoms.
- 1 piece ginger, inch long - peeled and grated
- 1 piece raw turmeric, inch long - peeled and grated
- 8 black peppercorns, crushed
- 12 tulsi leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Honey to taste
- Boil turmeric root, ginger, pounded peppercorns and tulsi in water. Bring to boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes so that water is reduced to 3/4th.
- Strain and adjust taste with lemon juice and honey.
- Serve Manjal Milagu Inji Kashayam hot