Spice gravy made from raw turmeric and often enjoyed directly with steamed rice.
- 1 cup Fresh Turmeric Roots, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon jeera seeds
- 10 Garlic pods
- 5 Red chillies
- 3 pieces Dry Mangoes
- Salt to taste
- 2 1/2 tbps Oil
- Boil dry mangoes in 1 cup water. Keep aside.
- Grind fresh turmeric into smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Grind cumin seeds, mustard seeds, red chillies and garlic with little water into paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Roast grind masala paste until oil separates and colour changes.
- Add boiled dry mangoes and turmeric paste. Mix well.
- Add salt and water. Mix and bring to boil.
- Cook till raw smell goes away.
- Serve Pachi Paspu Besaru with hot rice.