Alasande Teppal Ghashi
Alasande Teppal Ghashi is a black eye bean and coconut curry made in South Maharashtra, Goa and North Karanatak spice with local teppal or sichuan pepper.
- Category: Curry Recipes, Goan Recipes, Konkani Recipes, Mangalorean Recipes
- 1 cup Black eye beans / Alasande Saaru, soaked in water for 3-4 hours
- 2 pototes, cubed
- 8 Teppal / sichuan pepper, seeds discarded and soaked in water
- 2 cups coconut
- 5 dry red chilies, roasted
- 1 piece tamarind
- Grind coconut, red chilies and tamarind along with little water to make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Pressure cook beans and potatoes with water for 2 whistle.
- Once pressure releases, add the ground paste to the semi cooked beans.
- Add water and teppal. Mix well.
- Bring to boil. Adjust taste with salt.
- Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes till beans are fullly cooked.
- Garnish with coconut oil and serve Teppal Ghashi hot with rice.