Curry dish made from pumpkins
- 2 cups Pumpkin, cut in medium pieces
- 4 Shallots
- 1 cup Coconut
- 4 Green chilly
- Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- Curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Cook pumpkin with little water and salt. Once cooked and cooled, mash with spoon and keep aside.
- Grind coconut, shallots, chilly, cumin seeds and turmeric powder into paste.
- Mix paste with pumpkin mash and mix well. Boil for few minutes.
- Prepare temper by heating oil with mustard, some shallots, curry leaves and grated coconut.
- Pour temper our pumpkin mash and serve hot Mathanga Erissery