Vishu special recipe made with ripe mangoes and yogurt
- Category: Curry Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Malayali Recipes, Recipes for Kids
- 4 Ripe Mangoes, small mangoes
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon Coconut oil
- 1 Jaggery, small piece
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2 Dried Red Chilllies
- 1/4 teaspoon Fenugreek Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 Curry Leaves
- Cook peeled mangoes in water and turmeric powder covered for 5 minutes.
- Cook uncovered till water evaporates. Add Jaggery and mix.
- Grind grated coconut, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and green chillies and mix with yogurt. Add this mixture to cooked mangoes.
- Cook on low flame till curry is thick.
- Prepare temper by heating oil with mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, dried red chillies and curry leaves. Pour over pulissery.
- Serve Mambazha Puliserry hot with rice.