Fried bread stuffed with mashed spicy peas
- 250 grams fresh green peas
- Whole wheat dough with some salt and ajwain seeds as required.
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely chopped
- green chillies finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- salt to taste
- Boil peas till they are just cooked. Mash.
- Mix with asafoetida, cumin, garam masala, pepper powder, ginger, green chillies, turmeric powder and salt
- Knead flour into soft dough using water.
- Take small piece of dough. Roll into circle. Place spoonful of peas stuffing. Seal and flatten the ball. Roll again in circle.
- Deep fry poori till golden on all sides.
- Serve Matar ki poori with chutney