Easy and healthy mixed vegetable stew, popular in Mainpur on New Year Eve
- Category: Curry Recipes, Manipuri Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 1 Big Size Tomato
- 1/2 cup Chopped French Beans
- 1/2 cup Sliced Button Mushroom
- 1/3 Medium Sized Cabbage
- 5 Florets Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Chopped Spring Onion
- One Medium Size Onion In Rings
- 2 teaspoons Ferment Soya Beans
- 1 Thumb Size Ginger
- 1 Ginger Small Piece
- 2 Green Chillies
- Salt To Taste
- 1/3 cup Chopped Coriander
- Boil water and onion rings. Add sliced ginger, fermented soya beans, all the vegetables except tomato and ginger leaves and salt to taste.
- Cook on low flame for a while. Add tomato, ginger leaves and coriander leaves.
- Serve Kangsoi with rice or have just as a soup.
The main ingredient of a kangsoi is Ngari which is fermented fish.
Well ngari isn’t easily available in other parts of the country except northeastern region so I assume they use fermented beans for convenience :P
Now ngari is easily available in any part of the country, just head to the http://www.neorigins.com website. NE Origins is the leading e-commerce portal based from the north east India and for the north east of India, that deals in products that are an authentic essence of the north east of India. we need your support to make it large, do give us your support.