Tender Jackfruit bonda are made by deep frying boiled tender jackfruit balls dipped in gram flour batter in hot oil. This snack can be served with chutney or sauce of your choice.
- 200 grams Boiled tender jackfruit
- 1 tablespoon Saunf powder
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- 1 cup Gram flour
- 1 teaspoon Aam choor powder
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Bay leaf powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Pressure cook tender jackfruit pieces along with turmeric powder.
- Mash it with required salt, chilli powder, aamchoor powder and ginger garlic paste.
- Heat oil and roast mashed tender jackfruit till cooked and dry. Once cool, make small balls and keep aside.
- Make a thick batter by combining rice flour, gram flour, salt, bay leaf and saunf powder along with water.
- Dip jackfruit balls in batter and deep fry till golden brown on all sides.
- Serve Chakkapazham bonda hot with chutney or sauce.