A meal generally ends with buttermilk. Lemongrass tambuli is alternative to plain butter milk in cold days. Lemongrass is also known as Nimbe Hullu in Kannada.
- 1/4 cup Lemongrass, choppped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh coconut, grated
- 1 green chilly, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 4 curry leaves
- Sugar, as per taste
- Salt, as per taste
- Blend coconut, cumin seeds, lemon grass, green chilli to fine paste.
- Flavour butter milk with lemongrass paste. Adjust taste with sugar and salt.
- Pour seasoning made of fried mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Serve lemon grass tambuli as side dish.