Mochai Kottai Sadam is simple rice preparation along with spices, herbs and broad beans. Often made during winters in Tamil Nadu.
- 1 cup broad beans / mochai kottai
- 1 cup rice, washed
- 1 onion, chopped for gravy
- 3 green chillies
- 1 tomoato, large and cut into pieces
- 1 piece cinnamaon stick
- 2 cloves
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/3 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 bay levaes
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander leaves, for garnish
- Grind onions, green chllies, tomatoes, cinnamon and 2 cloves to coarse paste.
- Heat oil. Splutter fennel seeds.
- Add and roast bay leaves, onion, and ginger garli paste till onion changes colour.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Saute for few seconds.
- Add Mochai kottai and mix well.
- Add rice and two cups of water.
- Pressure cook for two whistles.
- When pressure releases, open and mix. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Mochai Kottai sadam hot