Delicious side dish prepared with farm fresh eggplants
- Kamranga Begun / Eggplant, slit halfway through
- Coconut water
- Ginger - garlic paste
- Onion, sliced
- Green Chilli, slit
- Turmeric Powder
- Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil
- Tomato, chopped
- Grind coconut to a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Make a runny paste of turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt with coconut water.
- Dip the eggplants in this paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil and shallow fry the eggplants until soft and light brown.
- Heat oil in another pan and saute onion.
- Add cumin seeds, green chili, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, chili powder and salt. Saute for few seconds.
- Add coconut paste, tomato and mix well.
- Add coconut water and bring to a boil.
- Add fried eggpalnts and cook covered for few minutes.
- Prepare tamarind paste with coconut water and pour it into the curry. Mix well.
- Cook covered for few more minutes and add cumin powder.
- Serve Kamranga begun bahar with rice.