Coconut based curry of drumstick popular in coastal Konkan region.
- 3 Drumstick, washed peeled and cut into 2 inch piece
- 3/4 coconut, fresh grated
- 4 dry red chillies, roasted
- Tamarind, a small piece
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 6 garlic pods
- Salt as per taste
- Grind grated coconut, red chillies and tamarind with little water to make fine paste. Keep aside.
- Boil drumsticks in salted water just enough to cover them. Once tender, add masala paste. Mix and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 3- minutes. Adjust consistency with water to achieve medium thick gravy.
- In separate pan, make seasoning by heaing oil and frying garlic pods till golden brown.
- Add seasoning to gravy and mix.
- Serve Mashinga Saang Randayi with steamed rice and curd.