Pakode or fried fritters especially made from besan or gram flour are delicacies. Hare lahsan ke pakode is simple recipe using winter season vegetable – green garlic or hara lahsan to make this popular snack.
- 1 cup green garlic / hara lahsun, washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves / cilantro /dhaniya patti
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste/ grated ginger
- 4 green chillies
- 2 cups besan / gram flour
- Salt, as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon hing / asafoetida
- Oil for frying
- Mix green garlic, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, chillies, ginger, hing and salt along with besan. Add little water if required to get required consistency.
- Heat oil. When hot, pour little dumplings of mixture.
- Fry and cook till golden brown on all sides.
- Drain and serve hare lahsan ke pakode with pudina chutney.