Ethakka Tholi Thoran
Ethakka tholi thoran is a typical Kerala dish prepared by stir frying raw banana peels with coconut and spices. It goes well with rice.
- Category: Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Malayali Recipes, Stir Fry Recipes
- 1 cup Ethakka tholi / raw banana peel, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Butter milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup Grated coconut
- 3 Green chillies
- Few Curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Urad dal
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Grind grated coconut, green chillies and curry leaves to a coarse mixture.
- Wash raw banana peel in water and butter milk.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and pressure cook the peel for 4 whistles.
- Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds and urad dal.
- Add cooked banana peel and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add crushed coconut mixture and cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve ethakka tholi thoran hot with steaming rice.
Hi. The picture is not available when I click on the recipe. That’s odd as I would like to look at how the dish looks like when I go through the recipe
Dear Seeja, you may refer the recipe source by Saraswathy Viswanathan for photos and step by step description. This portal uses recipe thumbnails only for representation purpose.