Curry made from tender drumsticks in mustard gravy
- 2 Drumsticks, thin tender cut in 2 inch long
- 2 Potatoes, cubed
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped
- 2 Green chilli, minced
- Salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- Water for cooking
- Soak poppy and mustard seeds in water for 10-15 minutes. Grind to fine paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter little mustard seeds. Add green chillies, tomatoes, onion. Saute till onions are little cooked.
- Add sutti/drumsticks and potato.
- Add little water as per requirement. Adjust taste with salt. Stir.
- Cook covered over low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, pepper, coriander powder and mustard poppy paste. Adjust consistency with water. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve sutti ki sabji hot along with roti.