Gajar ka murabba
Carrots are generally harvested in winters. Markets are flooded with fresh red carrots during the season. Gajar ka murabba is good way to preserve healthy carrots for off season.
- 1 kilogram carrots
- 600 grams sugar
- 1 Star anise
- 5 whole Cardamoms
- 3 cloves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Peel carrots, remove crown. Prick carrots using a fork. Remove excess core - so you may either cut carrots length wise or circular pieces.
- Heat carrots in water just enough to cover them up. Bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes till carrots are tender.
- Drain carrots and keep aside. Water is nutritious and may be used for making soup or other food.
- Once carrots cool little mix well with sugar. Leave aside for few hours to marinate.
- Heat the mixture till sugar forms thick syrup.
- Add spices and lemon juice.
- Store in air tight container.
- Serve gajar ka murabba as side dish or dessert.