Khasta kachori chaat
Puffs stuffed with spicy green peas and tangy mango powder
- Category: Rajasthani Recipes, Recipes for Kids, Snacks Recipes
- 250 grams wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pinch nigella seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried mango powder
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 200 grams green peas
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander finely chopped
- Mix flour, salt, oil and water. Knead into soft dough. Allow it to rest for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds, nigella seeds and asafoetida. Add and fry chopped chillies and green peas. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add spice powders and salt. Stir well. Mashroughly. Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Take a piece of dough and roll into large puri. Stuff with peas mixture and pull edges to close filling. Flatten ball to make flat disc shape.
- Deep fry kachoris on medium flame till golden brown.
- To serve khasta kachori chaat, make a hole in the centre of the kachori. Add a little bit of yoghurt followed by chopped onions, tamarind chutney, mint chilli chutney, fresh coriander leaves and sev.